BEAT-CKD Researcher Training Workshop – Brisbane 19/11/2023
BEAT-CKD Researcher Training Workshop – REGISTRATION OPENING SOON!
We invite you to participate in a full-day workshop hosted by BEAT-CKD. This workshop aims to provide valuable insights and guidance for researchers seeking to involve consumers in their work.
Consumer involvement has become increasingly crucial in research, as it ensures that the perspectives and needs of the individuals who will ultimately benefit from the research are taken into account. By actively involving consumers, researchers can enhance the relevance, impact, and effectiveness of their work.
During this workshop, experts in the field (including consumers) will share their knowledge and experiences on effectively involving consumers in the research process. They will provide practical strategies and tools to help you successfully integrate consumer perspectives into your work.
The workshop will cover:
- What is consumer involvement?
- Why involve consumers?
- Who should I involve?
- How should I involve consumers?
- When do I involve consumers?
- Reporting and publishing
- Planning, preparation and pitfalls
- Practical skills
The workshop will be presented by Dr Nicki Scholes-Robertson and A/Prof Andrea Viecelli.
When: 9:00am – 4:30pm on Sunday 19th November 2023.
Where: Translational Research Institute, Brisbane, Queensland. Please note that there is no online option available.
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be provided.
Cost (including materials and catering):
- Free for patients/caregivers without a paid research appointment
- Free for members of the Steering Committee and other CRE-PACT Committees (Research, Training, Partnership, Patient Advisory)
- $50 for students
- $100 for non-students (including staff, external participants)
Registration will open end September – early October. Watch this space!